- Spring GDS has procured VCS and Gold Standard brand carbon credits
- Your parcels are shipped from A to B, generating CO2 emissions
- Based on the type of service (mail, packet, parcel), distance and means of transportation we calculate the CO2 of your parcel and any other and add them all up.
- The calculations will be verified by an external independent organisation (Fira Sustainability B.V.)
- Spring GDS retires the carbon credits used for offsetting these shipments
- The carbon credit investment is used to support a windmill project in Turkey and a reforestation project in Peru
- All your shipments with Spring GDS have been made CO2 neutral, supporting your brand and the environment
Delivery solutions that won’t cost you or the earth anything more
CO2 neutral shipping and new strategies to reduce our environmental impact
Last year our parent company PostNL made the CDP A List for leadership in climate change efforts for the second year running. As part of the PostNL group, Spring GDS are proud to follow in their footsteps and set our own ambitious targets for measurable, transparent and significant action on our environmental impact.
From volumetric pricing systems to hybrid cars and single-trip returns solutions, our teams in all countries are finding local initiatives that can reduce CO2 emissions at every step of the delivery journey.
We are finding end-to-end cross-border delivery solutions with the lowest carbon footprint possible.
As we cover thousands of kilometers by road and air delivering and returning your parcels worldwide, it is not possible to completely eliminate our CO2 emissions - for now. However, we can compensate by investing in climate protection projects, making our activities CO2 neutral.
Spring GDS pride ourselves on finding end-to-end delivery solutions that are cost-effective and simplified for you and your customers. This year we are doubling our efforts to integrate sustainability actions at every step, giving your business green credentials that count.