Black Friday is important for business
In 2018, 14.8 million online sales orders were processed on one day, which made Black Friday the most popular day to buy online. During the special holiday sales weekend (Thanksgiving up to Cyber Monday), online revenue has increased (Statista) steadily over the past ten years. BlackFriday.com predicts that 2019 Black Friday online spending will surpass $12 billion this year. Of the shoppers they surveyed, 61% plans to do most of their holiday shopping online.
Getting your site ready for a peak of visitors & set your marketing strategy: 5 tips!
- Make sure your web shop is scalable for mobile. According to Statista, 67% of all digital traffic on Black Friday in 2018 was on a mobile device.
- Check your site speed and make sure visitors don’t need to wait for your site to be loaded.
- Promote your newsletter to drive subscriptions, so you can send out effective mailings.
- Put your retargeting strategies in place, to follow up with people who never checked out online.
- 94% of shoppers will take the time to find the cheapest product. Create a sense of urgency in your advertisements with shopping codes and deadlines for example.